THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 19 May 2010

My 1966 Lambretta J50

For well over a year I've been restoring a 1966 Lambretta J50. When I first got it, it was a pile of parts and covered in more rust and filler than paint. Thankfully, the bodywork was fairly straight. The first job was to fetch all of the rust, filler, and dirt off, so I could see what I had to work with. I got the whole lot shot blasted.


Then, I had the frame and pannels painted while I stripped the engine. I got the forks, wheels, petrol tank, and engine cowling powder coated in silver, and polished the engine casing to within an inch of it's life. Then, after aquiring some new tires, I assembled the negine on the kitchen worksurface, and put the bodywork together in the dining room.



I Then set about sorting all of the small things, the seat catch, running boards, speedo, centre stand, frame badge, and I got the seats and recovered, and a spare wheel cover made.


And, by the time I'd finished I had something that looks like this!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,you've done a great job on the lammy,I'm restoring one exactly the same as yours at the moment,1966 j50.....just wondering where you got your seat cover from?